RSVP: What are we about?

RSVP, Raising Student Voice and Participation, is a student organization formed by the students for the students. Our goal is to alter our school in a way that gives students more control of their education and futures.

As students, we often feel like we do not have control over our own education. This is obviously backwards seeing as it is our future.

RSVP is a group of students who meet on Thursday’s during tutoring time in Mrs. Basinger’s  classroom, room 113. Mrs. Basinger, an ADM english and journalism teacher, is the teacher associated with RSVP.

RSVP wishes to give a voice to the students. Our school, among many others in Iowa and the nation, does not give students the responsibility and power they deserve and ought to have.

Currently our organization is formed of mostly females in the junior and sophomore class. We need diversity and welcome any and all students in the high school to come to our Thursday afternoon meetings and observe. Coming to observe does not commit you to joining, but we would love to have as many people as possible observe to see if RSVP is something they wish to be a part of. Joining the group means you are making a commitment to changing our school and making a difference in our district as well as the lives of students here.