May 2023 Kiwanis Humanitarian Student of the Month: Lucas Neppl

Lucas Neppl is a senior and son of Renee and Chris Neppl. He has a 3.9 GPA and has been chosen for May 2023’s Kiwanis Humanitarian Student of the Month.

Neppl is involved in student council, NHS, Academic Decathalon, mock trial and the esports team. Neppl was the original leader of the team and introduced it to ADM. He also volunteers at Meals from the Heartland. From these activities, he says he has learned leadership and communication skills and has become more confident in his public speaking. Neppl shares that all students should try to join at least one activity in their high school career. “Everyone has the ability to improve their confidence and public speaking abilities,” Neppl claimed.

His favorite classes in high school so far have been Statistics, AP Literature and Calculus. He says he enjoys them because they are challenging and the teachers are enjoyable. Neppl plans to go to Iowa State University next fall to major in Computer Sciences.

Neppl is happy he got this award because that means his time and hard work is being recognized. He believes he earned this because of his wide range of involvement and the work he put in when creating the esports club.

To recognize Neppl, the ADM Scholarship Foundation received a $50 donation from the Kiwanis of Adel.