March 2023 Teacher of the Month: Russell Braun

Typing+away+on+his+computer%2C+Russell+Braun+works+in+the+comfort+of+his+office.+When+asked+about+his+Teacher+of+the+Month+nominations%2C+he+shares+that+he+was+able+to+read+the+comments+his+students+wrote.+He+said+he+was+given+about+5+or+6+nominations+and+they+wrote+some+really+neat+compliments.+

Typing away on his computer, Russell Braun works in the comfort of his office. When asked about his Teacher of the Month nominations, he shares that he was able to read the comments his students wrote. He said he was given about 5 or 6 nominations and they wrote some “really neat” compliments.

Russell Braun has been honored as 2023’s March Teacher of the Month. Braun has been teaching since 1995 and started at ADM in 2000. He feels like he has been teaching “forever” and says teaching for him is all about the students.

Braun believes that he has been honored this way because he works to help students grow. “I really try and make people feel like they belong and are important,” he shared.

He decided to become a teacher because he loves to help people and enjoys the challenge that comes with the music world. “I found that my niche was in the music world.”

When asked what being Teacher of the Month meant to him, Braun declared that it was pretty exciting. “It makes me feel really good about what I am doing. It means that my students can clearly see my passion.”