Kiwanis Student of the Month: Cameron While

Kiwanis+Student+of+the+Month+-+Cameron+While+

Kiwanis Student of the Month – Cameron While

Cameron While is one April’s Kiwanis Student of the Month. He is the grandson of David Baird and Cheryl Sywalk-Baird. While has a 3.4 GPA and his favortie classes are Intro to Eduaction, News, and Sociology.

“I loved Intro to education because it was a great class about learning to become a teacher and how education has changed. News because I get to be involved and talk and meet new people while also getting to be creative. Lastly, I really enjoyed sociology, because it was a cool class and I was able to see how people and societies socialize,” said While.

While stays active by being involved in Football Managing, Basketball managing. academic decathlon, individual speech, news, Big Brother, and play.

” I learned a lot of things from each of my activities, Football and basketball have shown me to always be kind and to make a good impression because those players are hurting more than me on that field or court so I just need to be humble and represent the school well. Big Brother has taught me how much of a passion I have for working with kids. News has taught me better ways to present my writing and allowed me to have a creative outlet,” While explained.

While also stays invloved outside of school by voulenteering at the YMCA.

While plans on attending Simpson College with a Major in Elementary Education with endorsements in reading and language arts, and early childhood special education with a minor in sociology.

While’s advice for other is, “Always strive for greatness and always have a mission within yourself and you’ll find success in life and whatever you do,”.

While believes he has been honored this award because, “I’m challenging myself academically all highschool and I’ve been very much involved throughout high school,”.

In his recognition of his achievements, Kiwanis of Adel has donated $50 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.