March Student of the Month: Grace McCartney

Photo by Abigail Croushore

McCartney cheesin as she gets recognized as Student of the Month

Grace McCartney is the daughter of Marc and Stephanie McCartney and has a cumulative GPA of 3.93.

McCartney’s favorite classes include PLTW Human Body Systems because she enjoyed how hands on it was and it was cool to learn anatomy and larger parts of the parts/functions of the body, Government because it’s very interesting and cool to learn how everything functions in our own country, and lastly, American History because it’s super interesting to learn about and see what life was like not super long ago and how far our country has come.

McCartney is involved in softball, basketball, cross country, NHS, FCA. She has learned how to be dedicated and how to follow through on things, also how to work hard and be a better leader vocally and by example. She doesn’t volunteer much, she has in the past at Meals from the Heartland on numerous occasions.

After high school, McCartney is planning on attending the University of Wyoming, majoring in Kinesiology and Health Promotion.  When asked what advice she would give to other students, she stated, “If something is important to you or you find your passion for something, stick to it and make time for it and don’t give up easily on things that you have dedicated yourself to.”

Receiving this achievement means a lot to McCartney, specifically that the past four years of always working hard and trying to be herself in whatever she decided to do is being recognized. She believes she’s been honored because in every class and activity she has been apart of she, “always put forth all my effort and have been willing to be wrong and learn from the things I’ve been apart of.

In honor of McCartney’s achievements, Raccoon Valley Bank has donated $100 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.