October Fine Arts Student of The Month: Konnor Chase

Photo by Lida Asilyan

October Fine Arts student of the Month

Konnor Chase is October Fine Arts Student of the Month. He is son of Mindy and Eric Chase. He is in his senior year.  Chase is involved in jazz choir, sound crew, currently trying out for All-State and takes private voice and piano lessons.

He has learned from these activities that it’s never too late to start something that you would like or want to do .  “I didn’t know how to read music before I started any of this, I still don’t know how to,” Chase said. He keeps working and takes private voice and piano lessons. It’s never too late to learn.

Chase is also vice president for varsity choir. He believes  “A lot of people give fine arts the rap of like being part of anything academic, but really you have every single subject to knew it, you have Physics, Science, Math and even Engineering when you are writing music. It’s just awesome and everybody should do it, because music is part of everyone’s life, no matter what.”

Being Fine Arts Student of the Month to him means that he can be seen as someone who people can go to if they want to be involved in other activities.

He would like to think that he has been honored as Fine Arts Student of the Month because people see him as someone who can represent fine arts in a good way.

In recognition of Chase’s achievements, Lincoln Saving Bank has donated $100 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.