October Student of the Month: Lucas Heitz

Photo by Kabrina Brady

October Student of the Month

Lucas Heitz is the October Student of the Month. Heitz is the son of Ann and Eric Heitz and has a GPA of 3.928.

Heitz’s favorite classes throughout high school have been Principles of Engineering, Algebra 2 and Chemistry. He enjoyed Principles of Engineering because it was hands on, and liked Algebra 2 and Chemistry because he really enjoyed his teachers, Mr. Goodale and Ms. Forsmark.

Heitz is involved in football, basketball, track, Technology Student Association, Student Council and National Honor Society. He has learned a lot from the various sports he has participated in, such as how to work as a team and how to overcome adversity.

He has volunteered at Meals from the Heartland, KOA, and has helped out with dinners at his church. He also plans to attend Reggie’s Sleepout at the end of October, to gain understanding and respect for those who are homeless.

At this time, he is not certain where he will attend college, but he plans to major in engineering.

Heitz provided some great advice for fellow students striving to succeed: “Don’t be afraid to ask questions.”

To Heitz, being Student of the Month is “cool” and he “likes the free parking spot” that he has been honored with for the month. He believes he has been recognized as Student of the Month because he is involved in a diverse range of extracurriculars, and he always strives to be nice to everyone.

In recognition of his achievement, Raccoon Valley Bank has donated $100 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.