September Student of the Month: Kristen Baier

Photo by Taylor Karaidos

Kristen Baier, September Student of the Month.

Kristen Baier is September’s Student of the Month. She is the daughter of Jodi and Brad Baier. Her favorite classes include AP Literature, Creative Writing and Spanish. She loves Spanish because her mom is the teacher and she is very passionate about reading and writing.

She stays involved in school by being a part of NHS, FFA, FCA, cross country, basketball and journalism. She has learned a lot of leadership skills and how to be confident, trusting and to work together with her team in sports. She has learned how to truthfully write in journalism and FFA has showed her several career paths.

While she isn’t at school, she likes to volunteer at Meals for the Heartland and Meddowlark Ministries. “I like to volunteer at Meals for the Heartland because it’s competitive.”

After Baier graduates, she doesn’t know where she wants to go but she plans on going into something with writing or photography. She also wants to minor in Spanish.

Baier’s advice to others is to “try your best in everything even if you aren’t passionate about it, because people will notice it and things will become easier.”

Being student of the Month means a lot to Baier’s because she works hard for it and she likes to know that her hard work hasn’t gone unnoticed.

To recognize Baier’s achievement, Raccoon Valley Bank has donated $100 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.