2023 February Student of the Month: Ella Grossman

Ella Grossman is the daughter of Mike and Kathy Grossman. She has a GPA of 3.97 and has been involved in volleyball, track, softball, NHS, GATE, and Humanitarian Cord. From these activities, Grossman has learned “how to work with others well” and about herself, specifically what she can handle. Adel Elementary, Meals from the Heartland, her church, and Miracle League are just a few of the places she has volunteered at throughout high school.

Math classes have been some of Grossman’s favorite classes because math naturally comes easy for her and the concepts are “black and white.” She also found sociology to be interesting and enjoyed the biomed classes, which Grossman will be using as she attends the University of Iowa in the fall to major in biomedical engineering.

“I do spend a lot of my time here [at school], working really hard to do well,” said Grossman, so being honored as Student of the Month means that her work is not “going unnoticed.” She thinks her grades and how teachers and others perceive her is why she has been given this recognition. Grossman’s advice to others, to have success in school and in life, is to not procrastinate and to go to events and have fun with people while in high school.

In honor of her achievements, Raccoon Valley Bank has donated $100 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.