January 2023 Student of the Month: Celia Kreifels

Our January Student of the Month is Celia Kreifels. Celia is the daughter of Cristin and Brian Kreifels. She is a senior with a 3.8 GPA.

Throughout her high school years, Kreifels has most enjoyed Algebra ll because of [Mr. Goodale] and her interest in the subject. Some other classes include Ag Entrepreneurship because she enjoyed her role in the fun and success of Ag Day and finally her Intro to Education course because of the class size, [Mrs. Knipper], course material, and the ability to observe younger classrooms and obtain experience.

Celia participates in many things around ADM, each one teaching her lessons that she will carry into her future. A few of them are, FFA teaching her leadership, track teaching her hard work and perseverance and football managing taking a role in the growth of her responsibility and leadership skills.

Kreifels can also be seen helping out in the community, one of her biggest roles being at the Lutheran Church of Hope Waukee where she loves the involvement in her community and shows this by assisting in the worship band, children’s ministry, and student ministry. She also volunteers elsewhere such as in the “Big Sister” program at Meadow View Elementary and at the Children’s Cancer Connection.

Kreifels plans to attend Iowa State University and get her undergraduate degree in Kinesiology and later attend schooling to become a Physician Assistant (PA). She additionally plans to minor in either Psychology or Business. She advises others to be kind and respectful when asked what advice she would give others, “it will get you a long way”, she says.

Celia thinks she is being honored as Student of the Month because she puts in hard work inside and outside of school. She is proud and honored to be named Student of the Month because it shows the effort she puts into school and means her hard work does not go unnoticed.

In recognition of her achievements, Raccoon Valley Bank has donated $100 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.