January Kiwanis Student of the Month: Lauren Logue

“This is an honor and I want to make sure I represent it as such,” said Lauren Logue.

Lauren Logue, daughter of Kurt of Paula Logue, has been nominated as one of Kiwanis Students of the Month for January. She has an outstanding GPA of 4.0 that she works hard to maintain.

Her favorite classes in high school have been Creative Writing, Spanish, and Psychology. She enjoyed Creative Writing because “Ms. Bedard is such a kind teacher and we were able to write freely which is always fun.”

Logue has been involved in Academic Decathlon, Speech, theatre, and dance during her high school career. She is also the President of NHS and Vice-President of the Thespian Club. She has learned a lot from these activities, like how to manage her time and work together with others around her to achieve a common goal, which she believes to be an important lesson that can be applied in many aspects of life.

She has volunteered at multiple places, her favorites being the Adel Public Library and the Des Moines Playhouse. “These places allowed me to interact with kids and help instruct them in different ways.” In addition, Logue loves helping during Operation Christmas Child because she loves feeling like she is making a difference in kids’ lives and it is very exciting to hear back from the kids that she was able to have a positive impact on.

Logue is still deciding where she wants to go to college but is considering majoring in either writing composition or psychology.

When asked what advice she would give others about school and life she said, “while it is important to get good grades and try all sorts of activities, the most important thing I’ve learned is that you have to make sure you’re enjoying every minute. You only get this time once in your life, cherish it to the full extent.”

Logue is honored to be named a Kiwanis Student of the Month. To her, it means that she should continue to set a good example and work hard in everything she does. “Even though I’m working virtually, I’m still able to maintain my grades and extracurricular activities. It’s been hard work which I feel is why I’ve been chosen as a Kiwanis Student of the Month.”