December Kiwanis Student of the Month: Phillip Annear

Phillip+Annear%2C+one+of+the+December+Kiwanis+students+of+the+month%2C+poses+in+front+of+the+board+across+from+the+French+Room.+

Phillip Annear, one of the December Kiwanis students of the month, poses in front of the board across from the French Room.

Phillip Annear, son of Marina and Ronald Annear, has been given the honor of being selected as one of the Kiwanis students of the month. He has an amazing GPA of 4.14 and has worked very hard to maintain his high GPA.

His two favorite classes in high school are AP Chemistry and Band. He enjoys AP Chemistry because he loves studying physical sciences, and he wishes to study something about chemistry after High School. He enjoys band because he has the opportunity to play around with music and develop musical skills, and he has developed a passion for music.

As well as maintaining an extremely high GPA while taking rigorous classes, he has been involved for TSA, where he learned that building things can be fun, even when you are by yourself. He has and continues to volunteer at Meals from the Heartland and KOA.

His plans for the future are very ambitious, as he wishes to study, fingers crossed, at Harvard. He will be receiving his admissions decision very soon. He wants to study Chemistry or Chemical Engineering in college.

For advice, Annear advises that to have success in school, the best thing to do is to do what you are told, and by doing that, you will get no grief. Also, working hard is very important, and slacking is never a good idea. He also said that during senior year, it is easy to slack off and let grades slip, but not taking it easy and pushing through is the best thing to ensure success in the future.

In honor of Annear’s achievements, the Kiwanis of Adel has donated 50 dollars to the ADM scholarship fund.