November Student of the Month: Cash Riker

The Student of the Month for November, Cash Riker smiling under his mask, excited to be honored with Student of the Month.

Photo by Brookelyn Evans

Cash Riker is November’s Student of the Month, and he is the son of Chris and Kristi Riker. He has a cumulative GPA of 4.0 and is involved in lots of fine arts activities. Riker said being a Student of the Month is a “pleasant surprise” and it is “very humbling to be recognized for hard work.” 

Riker’s favorite classes in high school include Band, Choir, and AP Art which are not surprising given his talent as a musician and artist. He is also a big part of Jazz choir and band, Speech, and even a part of a band called Twisted Goat. Riker is also a role model for being a leader and helping with school activities. Also Riker is a part of the band council, and he helps organize events like solo/ensemble contests. He loves these classes and activities because there is more expression and creativity involved.

When asked what he has learned from these classes and experiences, Riker said, “It is a process of learning new and different ways to express yourself.” 

In his future, Riker plans to study contemporary and jazz music, but does not know exactly what school is the best fit for him quite yet. His advice to others is to “keep your priorities in order, and keep in mind what is most important to you.” Riker is an example of someone who has worked very hard to better his skills, and someone who is passionate about what he does, and it shows. His efforts have not gone unnoticed. Recently Riker has been named a part of the All-State Choir which is an incredible honor and why Riker felt he was given this award of Student of the Month. 

In honor of his achievements, Raccoon Valley Bank will be donating $100 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.