January Kiwanis Student of the Month: Danielle Selover

Danielle Selover was nominated as January’s Kiwanis Student of the Month. She is the daughter of Doug and Brandie Selover. Her favorite three classes at school are: English because she likes the teacher very much, French because she likes being involved in another culture, and Chemistry because she enjoys science.

Selover is involved on a lot of activities such as: Dance, Cheering, NHS, French club, French society, and Jazz Choir. All these activities have taught her to be a positive person, come more into contact with her emotions, and realize how her presence can effect the team.

She is a positive and hardworking young lady. She volunteers at the Living History Farms at the Day-camp because she loves working with the kids.

She is planning to attend Grand-view University, majoring in Bio-chemistry, and minoring in French.

Selover’s advice to others is, “work really hard in the things you love to do, because that will encourage you to push harder in everything you do.”

Even though she has been involved in many different activities, she has made it a priority to maintain high grades throughout her high school career, and because of this, Selover believes this has helped her become Kiwanis student of the month.

In recognition of his achievements, Kiwanis of Adel is donating $50 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.