• The Drake Relays are offering free general admission for the track and field day on 4/26
  • No School this Friday. 4/26
  • We have two up and coming college visits, check out your email for more information.
  • Applications for the Summer Media Journalism Internship are due May, 3rd
  • Tickets for prom are on sale now. View your email for information about purchasing.
  • Check out FREE Yoga classes for highschool students on Friday's at Soulshine
  • Check in your email for Vounteer Club Opportunities
  • Don't forget to nominate students for character spots. Use the form in your email.
  • Submissions for ADM's Literary Magazine are due May 1st
  • Yearbook are on Sale NOW. Use code 3522 Online or Bring Cash to Room 402.

2024 Parade of Bands

A night full of music from all different grade levels of ADM bands
Photo by Katelyn Priestley

The 2024 Parade of Bands marks the 16th annual celebration of musical talent, bringing together students from 5th through 12th grade to showcase their impressive skills. Scheduled for Thursday, February 29, 2024, this year’s band concert promises an unforgettable evening of musical excellence from over 300 students.

ADM High School Band Director Russel Braun said, “It’s cool hearing each band because they each play really well for their levels…Looking back I know that all of my high schoolers started in 5th grade and sounded like that.”

To kick off the night, the ADM Fine Arts Boosters are hosting a pasta dinner, a crucial fundraising event that supports various fine arts activities including the band programs. Running from 5 pm to 7 pm, the dinner serves as a community gathering, with proceeds benefiting the fine arts. Dedicated volunteers both students and adults, contribute their time and effort to make this fundraiser a success. Whether it’s cooking, setting up, or serving, they are all very much appreciated.

Prior to the concert students, teachers, and custodians collaborate to arrange over 100 chairs so that all students can perform. As people begin to find their seats, members of the middle and high school bands play multiple songs. The gym quickly fills up on both the home and visitor sides as families await the musical performances.

Not only do you get to have a nice meal before it, but you get a night full of entertainment from all ages.”

— Russel Braun

The band members take their seats in the gym as the concert begins at 7 pm. Students are dressed in their best attire. The concert showcases the musical progress of the 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and High School bands, each presenting at least two captivating songs.

Keegan Holdmeyer, a member of the high school band said, “We have been preparing a really cool surround sound type feel for a song we are performing.”

All of the bands have been working hard since their concert in December to prepare their songs. Holdmeyer said his favorite song is Inchon because it sounds really rich and has a helicopter effect.

A noteworthy moment during the night is when all the bands unite to perform a single song. A song that is curated for all different skill levels.

The Parade of Bands not only entertains but also gives an appreciation for the arts, making it a cherished annual event for all involved. Braun said, “It’s one of the most fun concerts to attend because you get to see the progression of the students throughout the night.”