December 2022 Student of the Month: Geneva Timmerman

December’s Student of the Month is Geneva Timmerman. Timmerman is a senior, and she is the daughter of Kim and David Timmerman. Timmerman currently has a 3.96 GPA and will be attending the University of South Dakota in the fall. During college, she will be studying pre-physical therapy.

At ADM, Timmerman has been involved in many activities including track, cross country, Humanitarian Cord, NHS, and FCA. She has also volunteered in the Des Moines marathon, the Iron Man marathon, around the school, and around the community. One of Timmerman’s favorite classes is Financial Literacy. She enjoys this class specifically because of her teacher, Mr. Gitch. She enjoys his class because he is very knowledgeable and is teaching her a subject that will really help her in the future as she transitions to college and out on her own. Another one of her favorite classes is AP Chem. She enjoys this class because Mrs. Garcia always has something fun going on to keep the class engaged. Her last favorite class is any class with Mr. Schneider. She enjoys his classes because of how helpful he is and because he is just a really great teacher.

Timmerman’s advice to her fellow classmates is to work hard but to also balance fun as well. She also says that the friendships and relationships that you build are very important. Those relationships and memories are gonna be the biggest thing that you take away from your high school career so surround yourself not only with people you value but also people who value you.

Being Student of the Month came with a lot of emotions for Timmerman. She feels honored, appreciated, and recognized. She is hopeful that the reason she was nominated as Student of the Month was that she was seen as hardworking. She stated that she not only wanted people to see her as hardworking but she wanted to truly be hardworking.

In recognition of her achievements, Raccoon Valley Bank has donated $100 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.