November 2022 Teacher of the Month: Sheri Storm

Photo by Jorja Janssen

November 2022 Teacher of the Month is Sheri Storm. Storm has been a teacher here at ADM High School for 18 years. She started at ADM as a long-term sub, but when the special education position opened up she saw it as her next step forward in her career here at ADM. Storm took the position here at ADM instead of at Earlham High School that way her children, who attend Earlham High School, could have their own lives and could be themselves.

Storm grew up in Waukee where she attended Waukee High School when it was small. She had amazing teachers who were always there for her and she knew that she wanted to help students the way her teachers helped her. She wanted to be a support system for her students. She wanted to help them and wants them to know that she is in their corner. Storm is very honored to be nominated as Teacher of the Month. She loves knowing that her students feel safe and welcome in her classroom.

The students who nominated her were saying “she is an outstanding teacher!” and “Mrs. Storm exhibits an attitude and measures of effectiveness that can be appreciated. Her care and concern for both students and staff is evident every day. I value her patience, professionalism, dedication, and persistence.” When interviewing Storm, I noticed that she had a very special bond with her students and she helped each and every one of them while letting me interview her.