May Student of the Month: Sean Whitson

Sean+Whitson%2C+May+Student+of+the+Month.+

Photo by Kashish Patel

Sean Whitson, May Student of the Month.

Sean Whitson, son of Laura and Ryan Whitson, was named the May Student of the Month for his outstanding achievements in school. Sean has a GPA of 3.88 and is a senior at ADM. Whitson’s favorite classes in high school are Music Theory and Biology. Whitson said, “Music Theory has helped me stretch my musical abilities and Biology is just a fun class because I like learning about living organisms.”

Whitson is involved in many activities like Choir, Jazz Choir, News Journalism, the Thespian Society, Speech, and the National Honor Society. He has also volunteered at the Adel Food Pantry and the New Hope Church in Adel. “They teach me how to work hard and how to be a good person,” quoted Whitson.

Sean will be attending the Louisiana State University to major in Music Education post-high school. He advises others to “work hard” and strive to be different.

He believes that being Student of the Month is an “amazing honor” especially because it is his last month of high school and he wants to finish strong. Seans says he received this honor because of his “hard work” and effort to “make people happy” with what he does.

In honor of Sean’s achievements, the Raccoon Valley Bank has donated $100 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.