April Fine Arts Student of the Month: Olivia Klassen

April+Fine+Art+Student+of+the+Month+Olivia+Klassen+

Photo by Shayna Smith

April Fine Art Student of the Month Olivia Klassen

Senior Olivia Klassen, the daughter of Tara and Robert Klassen, was honored as Fine Arts Student of the Month for April.

Klassen has been involved in Band, Choir, Jazz Choir, Speech, Drama and Journalism.  She has learned that it takes hard work and perseverance to achieve greatness. She has been a section leader in band and choir, a member of ADM’s thespian troupe, and been inducted into Quill and Scroll for her achievements in Journalism.

She believed everyone should be involved in fine arts, saying, “Fine arts is a creative space for people to explore other versions of themselves. They can act on stage as 10 different people in their time at ADM that can become a part of them. They can write different stories with their ideas and voice. All Fine Arts are a great way to express yourself. ”

Klassen is honored to be named April’s Fine Art Student of the Month. “Being Fine Arts Student of the Month is very special to me, as I am currently deciding to major in journalism or theater, two fine arts offered at ADM. This feels like one last hurrah for my entire fine arts career in high school. I’ve put so many hours into practice, rehearsal, set building, writing and coaching my own groups for speech. It just feels like the end of a four-year chapter that had brought me joy, friends, and memories while teaching me pain, loss, and how to overcome almost everything.”

In recognition of her achievements, Lincoln Savings Bank has donated $100 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.