January Student of the Month: Amber Gehring

Photo by Abbie Hlas

Hard at work, Amber Gehring is attending one of her many difficult classes: Physics. She is able to handle such classes with good study habits. Amber advices others to find a balance between school work and fun activities.

Amber Gehring is Student of the Month for January. She is the daughter of Stephanie and Brad Gehring. Amber has a 4.0 GPA and her favorite classes are biomed, photography, and choir.

When she is not in class, Amber enjoys large group speech. dance, NHS, student council, and play. She enjoys these activities because they have taught her leadership skills, time management skills, and how to get along with people.

Amber volunteers at camp invention every year, the school blood drive, and at her church whenever possible.

She is still deciding on her future, however after high school she is planing to major in premed at either the University of Iowa or the University of Northern Iowa.

Amber’s advice to other students is to “get involved, work hard, and have balance”.

Being honored as student of the month is something to be proud of and Amber is happy that all of the work she has put into her activities is paying off.

Amber believes she was chosen as Student of the Month because “I work hard, get my work done, and do my very best to be a good person.”