Photo by Emma Kaney

Jordan Hook – Last Girl’s Soccer Player of the Month for the 2017-18 school year

Jordan Hook – May’s Girl’s Soccer Player of the Month

Jordan Hook has been nominated for the month of May’s Girl’s Soccer Player of the Month.  Jordan is the daughter of Jan and Tork Hook.  Jordan is a senior this year, making this her last season on the field as a Tiger.

One of Jordan’s first memories was when she was little, her and her mom always argued because she’d always want to wear her hair down during games but her mom wanted her hair to be in a pony tail.  It took awhile but Jordan says they found a consensus in pig-tails.

Jordan’s favorite memory is when ADM girls soccer played DCG during the spring season of 2016.  ADM was down 0-2 at half, but that only fueled their hate fire. The Tigers ended up coming back that second half and beating them.  “It felt really good to beat them like that because they’ve always kind of been our rival school, plus, they beat us to go to state a few years prior,” said Hook.

When asked if she ever got nervous before games Hook said, “When I was younger I never got nervous.  Probably because the only people who came to the games would be my parents and grandparents.  Now there is a lot more people who come and it’s more nerve wracking.”

Jordan’s advice for any underclassman playing or wanting to play soccer is to just enjoy it.   “It went by so fast and I know I’m going to miss it a lot,” says Hook, “don’t get frustrated if you get switched positions either because chances are you’ll end playing many different positions during high school.”

Jordan says she believes she was nominated for Girl’s Soccer Player of the Month because she’s been switched a lot this season and has been pretty willing to do so.  “I’m good with doing what the team needs me to do,” says Jordan.

In recognition of Jordan’s achievements, Adel Health Mart has donated $100 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.

Black & (Red)gister • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All Black & (Red)gister Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *