A Homecoming to Remember

High school cheerleaders lead the students in ‘Marching’!

On September 18th, the ADM student body congregated in the High School Gym for a day filled with homecoming activities. The day began with students painting Tiger Drive or volunteering to read to the ‘Tigers in Training’ at Adel Elementary. From there, students moved to the High School Gymnasium where they were entertained by the the high school cheerleaders, and a skit performed by ADM’s very own mascot, Tony the Tiger.

When asked about Tony’s performance, HS cheerleader Madison Nelson replied, “I loved it. He had the whole student body laughing nonstop!” Tony entertained the students with his exotic dancing and cheerleader proposal, where he was unfortunately turned down and kicked to the curb. “Emily Gard (Tony’s want-to-be wife) was surprised at Tony’s proposal,” said Nelson, “but she couldn’t say yes.” Ouch, sorry Tony!

After Tony’s memorable performance, the winners of the jersey raffle were distributed their jerseys to sport for the rest of the day and at the game that night, and the student body learned some interesting facts about their favorite football players. Following the auction, the homecoming court, King and Queen (Taylor Hanson & Jonathan Norris), were brought out and introduced. After their not-so-royal introduction, by the request of the students, the court was asked to dance. Who knew Kings and Queens could ‘Hit the Quan?’

Following the Homecoming assembly, students were sent back with their advisory, where they then split off into groups. The advisories assembled in the choir room, where they had an advisory photo taken in the makeshift photo booth and then spent the rest of the day competing to be the top advisory in games across the school. Advisories competed in everything from Human Hungry Hippos, to Tug O’ War. Unfortunately, the homecoming parade was cancelled, but students still got to enjoy a BBQ lunch grilled by the school principal.

Overall, it was a memorable day filled with excitement and Tiger spirit.