• Dance Team won 5th in every category at State Dance this weekend.

• Varsity Wrestling Tournament 12/1 @DCG

• Varsity Wrestling Tournament 11/29 @Ballard

• Early out Wednesday 11/28

Filed under News

Gnimocemoh Festivities

Gnimocemoh (knee-mow-see-mow) looks like a really strange word, and it is.  Until you realize, it’s homecoming spelled backwards.  Like homecoming, gnimocemoh is a dance, only it’s more laid back in comparison.

Actually, not only is it homecoming spelled backwards but everything was a little more reversed compared to the fall dance.  The week was filled with fun activities that homecoming this year lacked: knock-out during advisory time, a staff vs student basketball game, and an ADM’s Got Talent Show.

The talent show was emceed by ADM’s own Gage Fuller.  He kept the crowd entertained and introduced the acts as they came out.  The talent of our students ranged from Spencer Evoy singing “Never Enough” by Loren Allred to Colby Richardson making an impromptu song on his bass guitar.  Talent show participants made the students laugh and made their jaws drop.

After the talent show was the basketball game.  While the staff, Mr. Reams’ advisory and Mr. Buchman’s advisory warmed up, the rest of the student body filled the stands.  As one big student section, the students all cheered for no team in particular.  The student team proved to be ball hogs and shot whenever they got the ball.  During the game we watched as Mr. Krause’s blonde ponytail bounced up and down as he ran across the court, we waited for Mr. Smith to use his height to dunk the ball into the hoop, and we witnessed Mr. Buchman try to pivot and lose his balance.  After a very close game, the students end out on top.  The prize was nothing but self-satisfaction.

The anticipated gnimocemoh dance was, well, not as anticipated as you would have thought.  Either the week of activities and dress up days didn’t bring enough awareness to the dance or no one wanted to be there.  However, with the crowd of 30 students (a majority being seniors and student council) danced the night away.

Student Council is hoping to make gnimocemoh an annual event just like homecoming.  Students, your feedback about the dance is important so feel free to talk to Student Council about what you liked and what you would change for next year!