Beth Basinger- Feburary Teacher of the Month

Beth Basinger is one of the February Teachers of the Month. She was nominated by Abby Jacobsen and Ashlie Hauf because “She is like a mom to the yearbook staff, goes beyond and way above,” as well as “She genuinely cares about her students and wants to help them build character as well as teaching screenings.”

Basinger has been teaching for a total of 14 years throughout Iowa; this is her third year at ADM High School. When asked why she decided to become a teacher she said, “I do not see myself doing anything different. It was like I was made to become a teacher, I cannot imagine anything else.”

Teaching English, News Journalism and Yearbook Journalism has kept Basinger busy all year round, as well as serving as an Instructional Coach for other teachers. She chose to focus on English because “Those teachers made a difference and path in my life without realizing it.  I want to be that for others. I have the chance to help young people find their voice and find who they are.”

She believes she was nominated because it makes hers and others work meaningful and important.

Black & (Red)gister • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in