• Choir Pops concert Friday February 23rd @ 7p.m. in the auditorium.

• Don't forget to sign up for the LifeServe Blood Drive March 2nd!

• Early dismissal Wednesday the 21st!

• Congrats Andrew Flora for winning State Wrestling 2A!

• Wednesday February 21st early out!

• Boys' high school soccer preseason meeting will be Sunday the 21st at 12:30pm in ADM's 6/8 commons

• Soccer sign ups will be available in the office until Friday the 19th

• Boys and girls basketball game home this Friday the 19th!

Filed under News

Becoming a Leader: Leadership II Taking the Next Step

The juniors and seniors in Jacque Seidl’s Leadership II class were tasked with a huge and exciting challenge this semester: apply being a leader to your own life. The class was assigned to become a leader in their community by creating a project and carrying it out within the time of the second semester. It’s a big requirement, but the class has no fears in taking it on.

A few groups already have plans for their projects.

Sydney Canney explained, “Hopefully we will go to the elementary school and have an assembly to teach them about Character Counts.”

Katie Hoy added, “We will do a group activity for each character pillar.”

Another group is taking on opening a Chik-Fil-A in Adel.

“We are going to try to get Chik-Fil-A at the basketball games like we did at football games,” stated Isaiah Rono.

If that goes well, they will pitch the idea to store managers around town to see if they like the idea. Rono believes it will show that they are passionate about Chick-Fil-A and it will earn money.

“It shows us as leaders trying to solve the problem of not having a lot of restaurants in Adel and we’re doing something for the economy,” Rono said.

Another group is taking action in our school to become leaders.

Sadie Juergens explained, “My group and I are going to give lollipops to every student in every class and probably put a note on it just to make people’s day.”

The students are already putting forth so much effort into their projects and are fully dedicated to becoming leaders in our school and our community.

Canney said, “We’re learning about being leaders, why learn about being a leader if we’re not going to do anything?”

Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePrint this pageShare on Facebook