• ADM Before and After School program is hiring

• Take a DMACC class on a DMACC Campus? You're still required to attend Nov. 22, even though we don't have school

• Dance team competes at State Dance Dec. 1

• No school Weds, Nov 22-Sun, Nov 26 for Thanksgiving break

• Baby, middle school, and senior photos are due to Yearbook by 11/22

Sydney Bertman’s Basketball Inspired Weekend

Sydney gathered all her family, friends, past coaches, and future coaches on March 31st to confirm her future at Grand View. From Tiger to Viking, Sydney says she is excited to continue playing basketball and will never forget what her past coaches have taught her.

Kylee Luther and Matthew Larson

Sydney Bertman has achieved a lot in her high school years, but before high school came to an end, she was able to play one last basketball game and secure her future plans.

On Friday March 31, Bertman signed to play basketball at Grand View next year. She is planning on majoring in education. She said she decided on Grand View because it “gave me opportunities to do all the things I want. I get to study education, play basketball, continue in church activities, and overall it just felt like home with a lot of very nice people.”

After officially signing, Bertman said that it was a huge relief to have everything planned out and be able to have answers to the questions people frequently asked.

Sydney Bertman, number 32, played in the All-Star game on April 1 at Kirkwood Community College. After scoring 8 points to round out the win, Bertman said she was so happy she got to represent ADM one more time in her Tiger jersey.

The next day, Saturday April 1st, Bertman traveled to Kirkwood Community College to have the pleasure of participating in the Larry Niemeyer All-Star basketball game. She played on the white team with nine other girls from class 4A and 5A. Their coach was from Pella and was able to coach this new team to victory, winning 85-75. Bertman scored eight points, got eleven rebounds, two blocks, and two steals in the game. Bertman said, “I was honored to play one extra game in my ADM jersey with some of the best basketball players in the state. It was fun overall to play again and make some new friends!”

Bertman’s senior year in basketball was honorable because she was awarded 1st team all conference and all regional team on top of the All-Star game.

Her hard work and dedication in all her four sports in her four years of high school has continued to pay off and will grow to help her in college and the rest of her life.

Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePrint this pageShare on Facebook