Same School, New Look

Not much has changed for the start of the 2016-17 school year at ADM. Still located in Adel, still the Tigers, still the same oval-shaped parking lot and still the same great teachers and students.  However, there are three new looks that will make you look twice. These include the addition to the high school containing four new classrooms, three of which are occupied by science teachers.  

There is a new addition to the middle school consisting of ten classrooms, five on the first floor and five on the second floor.

There is also a brand new football field.  

The new addition to the the high school functions mainly as a science wing. It includes the chemistry, biology and earth science rooms. The classrooms themselves have new tables, new sinks and lab areas with lots of room for class labs and activities.

The last classroom was given to Liaison Officer/At-Risk Coordinator Darcy Simpson, whose old space was very small. 

img_1538
New middle school addition

The addition was much needed because the school had a surplus of teachers that needed their own classrooms. When the addition was added, it opened lots of new space.

With the town of Adel’s population on the rise, more kids are coming into the school district. The middle school has been growing in size and more classrooms were needed.  The addition to the middle school added ten classrooms for many of the teachers. The size of the classrooms needed to be bigger so all the new young students could have a comfortable learning environment.

With new classrooms came lots of upgrades. This included furniture upgrades for the young students.

img_1536
New turf field

Lastly, the major new improvement that all football, soccer and track athletes will enjoy is a brand new track and turf field. It was a huge project that took lots of time and votes to pass through, but adds a whole new look to the school.

When you drive on Tiger Drive and see all these additions, do not panic. ADM High School and Middle School is still filled with the hard working, responsible students they are known for.