November Kiwanis Student of the Month: Julia Case

Julia+Case+participating+in+one+of+her+many+activities.+

Photo by aaron teckenburg

Julia Case participating in one of her many activities.

Julia Case, daughter of Ryan and Anne Case, is one of the November Kiwanis Students of the Month. Case has a GPA of 3.78, and her favorite classes are all of her bio-med classes, psychology, and sociology. She likes these classes because they all are about humans and how they behave and different effects on the body, which is all very interesting to her. She also likes her bio-med classes because she can be hands-on with different labs. After High School, she plans on attending UNI to major in biology, and eventually go to Allen for Nursing.

Outside of class Case is involved in basketball, soccer, track, student council. She volunteers at her church, sports camps/tournaments, nursing homes, and many other places. Her advice to others for success in school I that it just takes a little bit of extra studying outside of class to help you succeed even more in the classroom. And that hard work will show in your grades, and if you don’t understand something then just ask.

Case says Receiving Kiwanis Student of the Month is an “honor, I feel like it proves that hard work doesn’t go unnoticed. It’s not something I ever really thought I would receive but now that I have I realize that doing the small things will eventually add up and if you set end goals you will achieve them. She thinks she was nominated because she has helped out around the community and succeeded in the classroom which will continue to lead her to great accomplishments not only in school but in the future too.”

In honor of her achievements, Kiwanis of Adel has donated $50 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.