• District Speech is Saturday! (1/9)

Filed under A & E

The Best Holiday Movies

Back to Article
Back to Article

The Best Holiday Movies

Watching Christmas movies in front of the fireplace is one way to relax over the holiday.

Winter Break is coming up and you know what that means–time to binge-watch tons of TV and movies. Here is a list of the best holiday movies and shows to spend your time watching under a warm blanket with leftover holiday treats.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (1966 TV show)

The 1966 How the Grinch Stole Christmas is a classic Christmas special! This Christmas special is about an evil scrooge that tries to steal Christmas from all the Whos down in Whoville. This show has a great message about the commercialism of Christmas.

Frosty the Snow Man (1969 TV show)

Frosty the Snowman is a story about a snowman that comes to life. This show is a musical comedy that follows the Frosty the Snowman song. Frosty the Snowman is rated G, meaning it is great for kids of all ages. So, cuddle up with your younger siblings or cousins and enjoy this heart-warming special.

The Polar Express

The Polar Express is a full-length movie about believing in Santa. On Christmas Eve, a young boy travels to the North Pole and along the way learns about friendship and faith. This movie is rated G, but some of the scenes can get a little bit scary for little kids.

Elf

Elf is a wonderfully happy Christmas movie about Christmas spirit. A human raised as an elf named Buddy goes to New York to find his dad and things do not go his way. This movie goes on an adventure with Buddy, while he learns who he really is. This movie is rated PG for parental guidence and is not suitable for young kids.

Home Alone

This is a movie that follows Kevin when he is left home alone on Christmas. Things get even harder for Kevin when he learns that his house is the prime target for a pair of holiday thieves in the area. This movie has a great message about the importance of family and forgiveness. It is rated PG and is not suitable for young kids.