October Kiwanas Student of the Month: Grace McCartney

Photo by Kristen Baier

Grace McCartney Kiwanas Student of Month

Grace McCartney is the daughter of Marc and Stephanie McCartney, and she was honored as one of the Students of the Month for October.

McCartney is a senior at ADM High School, and holds a grade point average of 3.92.  Her favorite class throughout high school have been Ms. Boesen’s Human Body Systems PLTW class; she loved this course because it was hands on and she was learning about the body at a muscular and bone level.

McCartney is involved in NHS, basketball and cross country.  From these activities, McCartney says, [I have learned] “How to work hard, even when what you think you can get out if it doesn’t happen, because then you get more out of it than you expected.” When not participating in these activities, McCartney loves to volunteer at Meals From the Heartland.

After this year, she plans to attend the University of Wyoming and major in kinesiology.  Her advice to others in high school is, “Stick to it, there will be hard times but it will pay off when you work hard.”

To McCartney, being Student of the Month means a lot–that she is being recognized for her hard work, especially since she has worked all four years of her high school career by putting 100% into everything she does.

In recognition of McCartney’s achievements, Kiwanas of Adel is donating $50 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.