• First Girl's Basketball Game @ Home Vs. Norwalk @7:30pm

• Thanksgiving break: Wed. 11/21 through Fri. 11/23

• Hannah Welch placed 80th at state XC meet.

• Ethan Juergens places 49th at state XC meet.

• Nate Mueller places 3rd at state XC meet.

• Spring Online DMACC Classes - register by Nov. 16th in Counseling Center

Filed under Opinion

How to Stay Connected During the Summer and Beyond

As senior year comes to an end, many start to follow down their own path. Getting ready for college and their next chapter, friends can begin to busy themselves and drift one step away from each other. Staying connected with your friends, classmates, and peers once school is dismissed can be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be.

Here are a few steps to avoid losing contact and relationships:

Communicate- Send a Snapchat, text, or even call! Stay up to date, making sure to communicate with each other. Use group chats to share what works for everyone if you want to get together. Group chats also work well for seeing what everyone is up to.

Plan- Get ice cream, take a road trip, go bowling, plan a day and event. Set the time and day where everyone can get together! Create a time where everyone can catch up and create memories.

Understand- Notice many have family and other friend commitments they also need to attend to. It could be weeks before everyone can get together. Keep planning a time for all!

Reach out- During the summer, many are busy working and or traveling out of state. Take a risk, and reach out to new people! Invite others to hang out–who knows, you could meet a new best friend. Adopt yourself into the community, try new things, and meet new people.

Follow through- Make it happen! Dedicate time to plan a day and gathering. Stay trustworthy and true to your word.  Lastly, go and have fun.

Those who attempt to connect with you as you do for them, matter! Make the memories and time shared before everyone is divided between university and hours of driving to get back home.