We’ve Got Spirit

For this 2015-2016 year, on the football and competition squad we have two freshmen, six sophomores, two juniors, and seven seniors. One of the juniors on this year’s football and competition squad is Amber Pirtle. Pirtle is one of the flyers on the team, she has been cheering for a total of five years now. Pirtle’s favorite thing about cheerleading would be getting close to her teammates.

This year the team got the opportunity to go a cheer camp in Wisconsin Dells when asked questions about it, she said her favorite part was bonding and getting closer to everyone and just being able to go out of state together was different for them. Pirtle says that cheer gives her adrenaline every time she performs a routine and it’s a great feeling. Her main goal for this year is to get her back tuck. Pirtle is not interested in pursuing cheerleading as a career because she has done it too long, she would much rather work.

Junior Cheerleader, Amber Pirtle
Britenee Joynes
Junior Cheerleader,
Amber Pirtle

Another cheerleader is senior Caitlyn Sullivan, this is her sixth year cheering since she started in seventh grade because a friend asked her to, causing her to fall in love with the sport. Sullivan’s favorite part about cheerleading is the stunting, the sport gives her a thrill as you only have two minutes and 30 seconds to do an entire routine. When asked about the camp she said her favorite part was learning the different stunting techniques. Sullivan’s main goal for her last year of cheerleading is to place at state.

Senior Cheerleader, Caitlyn Sullivan
Britenee Joynes
Senior Cheerleader,
Caitlyn Sullivan

Last but not least, one of ADM’s varsity cheerleaders is sophomore Callie VanLangen who has cheered for four years because it is her passion. VanLangen’s favorite part of cheerleading is the stunts and just coming together as a team. When going to camp out of state her favorite part was meeting all of the cheerleaders, and another cheerleader from another team nominated her for most spirit and for being a great leader. Also known as “pinned forward.”

Cheerleading gives her adrenaline all time, performing in front of a ton of people is amazing to Van Langen, it gives her the opportunity to show everyone what she can do and what she loves. VanLangen’s main goals for herself are to stay positive, to have sharp motions, and to get her full. She does plan on cheering in college because she loves cheerleading and believes she has the potential to truly be amazing.

Sophomore Cheerleader, Callie VanLangen
Britenee Joynes
Sophomore Cheerleader,
Callie VanLangen