• Choir Pops concert Friday February 23rd @ 7p.m. in the auditorium.

• Don't forget to sign up for the LifeServe Blood Drive March 2nd!

• Early dismissal Wednesday the 21st!

• Congrats Andrew Flora for winning State Wrestling 2A!

• Wednesday February 21st early out!

• Boys' high school soccer preseason meeting will be Sunday the 21st at 12:30pm in ADM's 6/8 commons

• Soccer sign ups will be available in the office until Friday the 19th

• Boys and girls basketball game home this Friday the 19th!

Filed under A & E

Advice Column: Cheap and Fun Date Ideas Around Adel

Brick+Street+Books+and+Cafe+
Brick Street Books and Cafe

Brick Street Books and Cafe

Brick Street Books and Cafe

Dear Tiger,

We are all aware Adel isn’t known for many activities or hot spots, but I have come up with a few hidden gems that could possibly could be fun as a date.

The first spot is one of my favorites which is the Brenton Arboretum. This is a public nature park full of trails and places to sit and relax. As you walk through the trees and across bridges you can find spacious hideaways to have a nice picnic with your friend or special someone.

Another fun spot is the Brick Street Books and Cafe. Just on the square of Adel, you can buy a coffee and sit down while reading a nice book. This can be a fun, easy date if you want to do some homework or chat for a bit.

The Raccoon River Valley Trail is always fun for a date! This trail goes on for many miles which stop at different towns with things to do. If you plan on going on the trail there are many different things you can do like walking your dogs together, rollerblading, or taking a fun bike ride.

If you’re looking for a competitive date, stop by the Adel Family Fun Center and get your bowl on! Not only can you enjoy some fun bowling, but they also have a grill so you can munch on snacks while you bowl. There is also a pool table to play on, and music to listen to as you bowl away.

This next date is a little bit of a drive to DeSoto, but definitely worth it. Volunteering at AHeinz57 Pet Rescue and Transport is a fun and helpful way to enjoy some time with puppies and your loved one. This way, you’re having fun playing with rescue animals and also helping for a good cause. Be sure to sign up to volunteer on their website!

Before spring comes along, a wonderful date would be ice skating at the new ice rink in town. This rink is right next to the Raccoon Valley Bank Community House. You don’t need ice skates to be successful either, just slide along with comfortable shoes (and holding hands of course!).

If you enjoy vintage or retro things, stop by Modville-The Porch Junkies located on Highway 6. The owners are super fun and let you lounge around while looking at wonderful vintage pieces they find. Take a look around for a while, maybe buy something that sparks your interest, then you can head next door for a scrumptious burger at the Brickyard Burgers and Brews.

Adel always has fun things going on, you just have to look for it! I would highly recommend taking a look at the Adel Living magazine or website and check out the calendar they post in it. This allows you to discover some interesting and entertaining things for you and your date to do here in our little town.

Brenton Arboretum

Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePrint this pageShare on Facebook