• First Girl's Basketball Game @ Home Vs. Norwalk @7:30pm

• Thanksgiving break: Wed. 11/21 through Fri. 11/23

• Hannah Welch placed 80th at state XC meet.

• Ethan Juergens places 49th at state XC meet.

• Nate Mueller places 3rd at state XC meet.

• Spring Online DMACC Classes - register by Nov. 16th in Counseling Center

Filed under Opinion, Uncategorized

What Does Your Handwriting Say About You?

Siliva Angel, Micah Moyer, Sydney Engleman, Melody VerWoert all copied the first sentence to model various handwriting styles!

Graphology is the study of handwriting used to infer someone’s character, dating back to the days of Aristotle. Experts have found more than 5,000 personality traits revealed from one’s handwriting. Many of these traits are based on the technicality of your print. Whether you dot your I’s, loop your letters, write tall, leaving space or even slant your letters to the left or right can open and define who you are based on a simple sentence.

Diving deeper into handwriting I set about interviewing many students around ADM High School asking each student to copy the sentence, “The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog.” This sentence provides every letter allowing the results to show each trait. Requesting the copied sentence with no questions asked, to simply copy the line. Many were skeptical and finally scribbled down the sentence. Most students felt pressured when I glanced over their work quickly finished each word.

Silvia Angel- “I like to write quickly, I just started writing in cursive for college since it would be quicker for notes. I don’t feel judged writing is a way to say what your thinking and to get homework done. When I wrote normal I felt like a teenager now when I write in cursive I feel like an adult.

Sydney Englemen- rites in pencil with curved and looped lettering. Demonstrating that she is more artistic and makes decisions wisely with accuracy. After the sentence is finished Sydney responded with, “I did not feel pressured or judge because it’s decent.”

Micah Moyer- Writes very closed and professional with heavy pressure to make the letters concise and showing his personality as organized with slow writing with focus and strength in determination.

Melody VerWoert- Writes in pencil with straight block lettering with awareness of boundaries. Writing with heavy pressure determines she is logical with her emotions and reacts quickly in situations.

Whether one dots their i’s or loops their l’s your handwriting can define you and display your character and personality.

If you want to learn more about your handwriting check out: https://www.pens.com/handwriting-infographic

1 Comment

One Response to “What Does Your Handwriting Say About You?”

1. Rachel Suarez on February 22nd, 2018 12:45 pm

I like how the personality traits totally fit the people sampled!

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• What Does Your Handwriting Say About You?

Opinion

Bohemian Rhapsody – Movie Review

Opinion

OPINION: What You Don’t Know About Our Chromebooks

• Opinion

Why Politics Should Matter to Teenagers (Even If They Can’t Vote)

Opinion

OPINION: Intruder Drills

Opinion

How to Stay Connected During the Summer and Beyond

• Opinion

Student Journalist Lessons

• Opinion

Howard: Everyone’s Story Matters

• Opinion

What To Do With Your Graduation Money

Opinion

Advice to Seniors: How to be a Freshman Again

Opinion

No’s and Go’s with Prom Dates