Sing It Loud and Proud

Woodin Works to Inspire

Four year ADM choir teacher Greg Woodin is ready to lead all ADM choirs to another successful year.

“It’s the kids, making music, and special moments with them that they’ll carry with them for the rest of their lives. I can’t think of anything better,” said Woodin.

Woodin also believes it is important to know if a student improves in the classroom.

“They make progress when reading music and understand the signs and what they mean, and they also come out of their shell and sing out loud a lot more often and with purpose,” said Woodin.

Woodin also has big goals are when teaching his classes.

“Simply to try evoke in their music more, and make them the best that they can be,” said Woodin.

Woodin also is presenting pillars of character to his students.

“Fairness & Caring, when the students come in here, I want them to come into a safe environment and also feel welcome every, single day,” said Woodin.  “I also want them to lend themselves to their music and get used to the system we have here and I also want them to be comfortable enough to talk to their peers and myself.”

Woodin also said what he wanted people to “see” in his choir.

“I want them to see what it takes to make music and how hard these guys put in the working effort to make the perfect sound. What is this world without music?” said Woodin.

Woodin also works to convince those who aren’t in choir to join.

“It really impresses the ladies,” Woodin said, jokingly. “It also is very cool how these kids can make just beautiful harmonies, and there is nothing more natural. It also looks great on a college transcript,” said Woodin.

Woodin wants his students to take away much from this experience.

“When they leave, I want them to be able to never settle for okay. I want them to leave knowing they gave me their best efforts, and think more of themselves,” said Woodin.