Dakota Kahler: November Student of the Month

Dakota Kahler is November’s Student of the Month. He is the son of Curt and Amy Kahler.

His favorite classes in high school have been AP Literature and Composition, Psychology and a DMACC Online class “Personal Finance.” Dakota enjoys these classes because they are interesting and prepare him for the future. He has a 4.0 GPA.

Dakota has been involved in many activities throughout high school including soccer, Student Council, NHS, Speech and SADD.

Through these activities Dakota said, “I have learned how to work together as a team and to develop relationships with others.”

With balancing the various activities Dakota is involved in, he also provides time to volunteer. He has volunteered at Courage League Sports and the ADM Soccer Camp.

Dakota believes he has been chosen for this award because he is hardworking and a good leader.

“Hard work gets rewarded and I am honored to be chosen for this award,” he said.

Dakota shared some helpful advice to be successful in and out of school.

“Make time for the important things. Don’t do stupid things that you’ll regret later, just have a good time,” he said.

He also said that it is a good idea to develop study habits early on.

After high school Dakota plans to attend The University of Iowa to study Economics with a Pre-Law track. Afterwards, he hopes to attend Law School at the university as well.

In recognition of his achievements, Raccoon Valley Bank has donated $100.