Sally Evoy – September Kiwanis Student of the Month

Photo by Rachel Suarez

Sally Evoy is one of September’s Kiwanis Students of the Month

Sally Evoy is one of two students awarded Kiwanis Student of the Month.  The child of Angie and Mark Evoy, Sally received this honor for her 3.778 GPA, her extraordinary character, and her school involvement. Sally enjoys Yearbook, Digital Photography, and Spanish more than any other classes for their positive environments, challenging curriculum, and of course, all the fun involved!

Outside of school, Sally is involved in Varsity Football Cheerleading, Theater, Concert Choir, Speech, and Yearbook.  She has learned that your team, cast, choir, class, and group are your family. She also volunteers at a musical theatre camp over the summer and Camp Invention.

After high school, she wants to major in something that has to do with people–areas like Psychology, Communications, and possibly Art.  She’s debating on whether or not she wants to attend Central College in Pella.

When asked what advice she’d offer about success in school or life, she said, “Don’t be afraid to ask the teachers for help.  They want you to get better as much as you want to–if you want a certain grade you have to work for it.  Also, be proud of your improvements.”

As is with the majority of nominees, Sally isn’t exactly sure why or how she got nominated, but she hopes it’s because she has worked to be a leader for others, and for the good relationship she maintains with her teachers.

Kiwanis of Adel donated $50 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation in recognition of her efforts.