ADM/VM Girls On A Six Game Streak

Number+three%2C+Allie+Cook%2C+challenges+opposing+team.+The+Tigers+we+able+to+posses+the+ball+well+enough+to+continue+their+winning+streak.+
Number three, Allie Cook, challenges opposing team. The Tigers we able to posses the ball well enough to continue their winning streak.

Sydney Bertman, Reporter

With regional pairings coming out soon, every girls soccer game is important in order to keep the team’s number four seed and hopes alive of moving closer to number one. 

After hosting their own tournament April 21-22, the ADM/VM girls soccer team remains undefeated with a record of 5-0.

On Friday night, they defeated Gilbert – the number 3 ranked team in 1A. The game included a goal from Kylee Luther and outstanding saves from freshman keeper, Delaney Bertman for a final score of 1-0.

Their second game was a 3-0 win where Izzy LaFollete and Sydney Bertman were able to find the back of the net against Council Bluffs St. Albert – another top 5 ranked 1A school. 

The Tigers finished the tournament off strong a 6-1 win against Clear Creek- Amana. The goals were spread out between Delaney Barton, Allie Cook, Brianna Heimann, Jordan Hook and Sydney Bertman. 

Tournaments set good teams apart from great teams. With plenty of opportunities and minutes to play, ADM was able to prove just how deep, fit, and skillful they are. Only five games into the season, nine out of the 20 varsity individuals have scored.

The girls also hosted their rival school, DC-G on Monday, April 24. The physical game was won 7-0 by the Tigers with goals from Allie Cook, Sydney Bertman, Delaney Barton, Izzy LaFollete and Chelsea Bright. This win moved their record to 6-0 and gave ADM/VM their 25th consecutive win at home.

See the girls continue their streak Friday at Bondurant. JV kicks-off at 5:30 followed by varsity at 7 PM.

Tweet about this on TwitterEmail this to someonePrint this pageShare on Facebook