What You Should Know about Second Semester as a High School Senior

There is a lot of riding on your senior year. And things can get really stressful and you might forget that you are in fact a senior and you are almost done with your high school career. There are many important things that you should remember for your second semester of senior year.

You’re getting ready for college, you’re at the point where you just want to be done with high school, but you’re not. Not yet.  

“You’re ready to move out and go to college and be on your own. But little do you know, you’re going to miss high school,” said Kyle Murphy, Iowa University freshman.

Mallory Davis, ADM grad and a junior at Iowa State, recommends that you take an internship or a menial job in the field that interests you. With internships, you can tell if that field is one that you are actually interested in and could see yourself doing as a career.

Don’t go into a job because your friends, parents, or statistics tell you to or tell you it’s the best paying. If you get a job that you do not absolutely love then not only will your classes be miserable, but also you will wake up every day feeling like going to work is a chore and not enjoyable.

“I wish I would’ve known going into my second semester of senior year that most of these people, you’ll never see again. Be yourself for your last semester–It’s worth it,” said Davis.

Several college students were asked what they wish they knew about their second semester of senior year. This is what they said:

• Don’t act negatively towards others. It’s just a waste of time and energy.
  • STUDY FOR EXAMS!!!! They only get harder.
  • The petty stuff will not matter in four months, so don’t waste your time.
  • Enjoy homemade cooking from your parents. You’ll miss it.
  • It feels like everything is the last time. Make that a positive thing.
  • Go to the game, party, or play. Netflix isn’t going anywhere.
  • Take lots of pictures and videos. Collect the moments.
  • Don’t be afraid of anything or anyone.
  • Hangout with your younger siblings and parents. They’re going to miss you.
  • Laugh, Laugh, Laugh.
  • Get involved. With school, your society, everything.
  • Regret nothing.

“It’s true what they say, high school days are some of the best days or your life. Enjoy it while you can. Spend time with the friends you only see in class, spend time with the ones you see outside of class too,” said Murphy.

You never know what life after graduation brings, You might not see these people again. Cherish every moment. This goes for outside of school, as well. Every moment is precious and you’ll never get that moment back.

Welcome to one of the best times of your life so far. Enjoy your every single second. And good luck.