College Fair Comes to ADM

Plan to attend the College Fair on Thursday, October 27th during Parent-Teacher conferences. It will be in the south gym, right off the high school Commons.

The fair is being held for parents and students.  All grades are welcome to come, this will be a good opportunity for seniors to talk to their college of choice and for juniors and underclassmen to decide on a college. This is the first year ADM high school has held the fair.  Other area schools have been invited to the fair, including DCG and Perry. There will be a total of 24 colleges from Iowa and from Missouri. These will include two-year community colleges, four-year private schools and specialty schools, like technology and nursing schools.

“We invited every school we could think of.” Lori Mann, Counseling Department Administrative Assistant said. “We’re really excited and hope to get many students and parents and make it an annual thing.”

The counseling office will be handing out prep material during SSR before the College Fair. Mann can also print out a sticker sheet with your address on it. Additionally, there will also be a college question checklist, for those who need sample questions to ask any colleges they’re interested in.