• Support the Softball and Baseball teams this summer as they look to go to state
  • Boys Golf wins the State Championship for the first time in school history
  • Girls Track wins State Champion title for the first time in school history
  • eSports finishes in 2nd place @State.
  • Check out FREE Yoga classes for highschool students on Friday's at Soulshine
  • Yearbook are on Sale NOW. Use code 3522 Online or Bring Cash to Room 402.
  • Job Posting: Computer Support Specialist with ADM Schools
  • Registration for Fall 2024 Dmacc Classes is Open
  • Follow our Black & Redgister TikTok @blackandredgister
  • See what goes into a news site at @BLACKANDREDGISTER on Instagram

Book Review: Fault Lines

WARNING: Spoiler Alert
Book Review: Fault Lines by Rebecca Shea
Photo by Jorja Janssen

Rebecca Shea, USA Today’s best-selling author, brings us an amazing standalone novel, Fault Lines.

Fault Lines is a second-chance romance book following the love story of Frankie, a small-town girl with big dreams and ambitions, and Cole, a small-town boy destined for a small-town life.

Everyone knew that Frankie and Cole were destined to be together as they were two lovestruck teens who were high on hopes and dreams of a future. That was until one night when Cole sent Frankie running for her never to return. Ten years later, Frankie is forced to return to her small town home to take care of her mother. She hopes that she can fly under the radar and not run into Cole. But as fate has it, Frankie’s plan was a total bust.

This small-town, second-chance romance is an amazing story. By keeping you on your toes with the plot twists and page-turners, it is definitely a book that will get you to keep reading. I loved this book. I loved how Shea gave you just enough to keep you going but not too much to spoil the whole book. It is a very well-written, well-thought-through book and it makes the perfect story

Although Mrs. Seidl has not read Fault Lines or any other book by Rebecca Shea, she did have some recommendations for other romance books that were similar. Some authors that she recommended included Lynn Painter, Abby Jimenez, and Carley Fortune. Seidl stated that these authors do write second-chance romance novels but they also write other romance tropes. Lynn Painter is the author of Better Than the Movies, a book that Seidl “loved.” She also wrote Mr. Wrong Number, Nothing Like the Movies, Betting on You, and The Do-Over.

“Lynn Painter, she’s from Omaha, and I loved her books because she ties in tons of Midwest stuff into them as well. So that is one I would definitely recommend as someone who loves romance. The banter between the characters is really strong. That’s what I like.” The other author Seidl mentioned was Abby Jimenez. Jimenez is the author of another favorite of Seidl’s, Part of Your World. She also wrote Just for the Summer, Yours Truly, and The Friend Zone.

“Abby Jimenez. She wrote Part of Your World which was just so good, so good. She’s one of my favorites. She just wrote the third book in the series. What I like about Abby Jimenez’s books is that you have your two main characters and then she’ll write a second book. But the second book isn’t about those two main characters. It’s just an offshoot with the main character’s best friend, and they just briefly touch on how [the books] intertwine.”

You can read Fault Lines on Audible and Amazon Kindle. You can also buy it on Amazon, eBay, and Barnes & Noble. You can find any of the books suggested by Mrs. Seidl at Amazon, Walmart, eBay, Barnes & Noble, and wherever else you purchase your books.