• eSports finishes in 2nd place @State.
  • Boys and Girls State Track @ Drake Stadium. May 16-18.
  • Boys Golf clinches a spot in the State Tournament. May 20-21 @ Veenker Memorial Golf Course.
  • Seniors, your last day of school is May 17th.
  • We have two up and coming college visits, check out your email for more information.
  • Check out FREE Yoga classes for highschool students on Friday's at Soulshine
  • Check in your email for Vounteer Club Opportunities
  • Yearbook are on Sale NOW. Use code 3522 Online or Bring Cash to Room 402.
  • Job Posting: Computer Support Specialist with ADM Schools
  • Registration for Fall 2024 Dmacc Classes is Open

Coachella: Top Looks and History

Coachella has been one of the most popular music festivals for a lifetime, with athletes, celebs, pop stars and influencers all in attendance.

History:

Coachella is held in Indio, California (also known as Coachella Valley) and was first introduced in 1999. The first set date was October 9-10 at the Empire Polo Club organized by Paul Tollett. Paul is an American music promoter, CEO, and president of the “Golden Voice,” a Los Angeles-based concert production company. Coachella was first intended to be a one-time event but it ended up rising in popularity and has continued on for 25 years now. In 2001, it expanded to a 2-day festival, and by 2003, it was a prime destination spot for many people to look forward to. This festival primarily focused on alternative rock and indie music, but EDM was introduced in 2010 and since then, has expanded to pop and even country. Coachella has helped to launch many artists’ careers including The Killers, Arctic Monkeys and Adele. Some of the Coachella artists that played this year on stage were Sabrina Carpenter, Lana Del Ray, Doja Cat, Tyler the Creator and many more.

The most popular years for Coachella have been, 2017, 2018, and 2019.

Coachella isn’t just known for its music and the artists it brings in, but also its style. Over the years the style has gone from casual hippy to outer space, to mesh, coastal cowgirl and so on. Some influencers and celebs go all out for these looks. So let’s take a look at the 2024 Coachella’s most iconic looks.

Doja CatDoja Cat's Coachella 2024 Stage Looks Consist of Hair, Fur ...

First off is Doja Cat. She always wears the most iconic things and really embraces herself wherever she goes. She stunned in a “hair outfit” with long blonde hair extensions attached to her clothes during her performance. She got lots of mixed emotions with this one with some even saying that she was “turning Gwen Stefani re-creates iconic '90s No Doubt beauty look at Coachella with face gems, knotted mohawkinto a hair monster.”

Gwen Stefani

She didn’t have as crazy as a hair extension outfit. Instead, she had a matching “holla back girl” swag outfit while she performed with artist No Doubt. She went back to her punk style.

Shakira Makes Surprise Appearance At Coachella, Announces Upcoming Tour

Shakira

Shakira can pull off any outfit from her all-gold era to when she was wrapped head to toe in pink tool. She stepped into Coachella with a shredded mini-dress look when she debuted her neCoachella 2024: The most stand-out celebrity stage looks - KTVZw album and announced her tour.

Xin Liu

Xin Liu wore an entire metallic space-aged garment look for her performance. It was made by Syban Velardi, a costume designer in London.

Taylor Swift's 'Reputation'-Coded Coachella 'Fit Included a Sweet Nod to Travis Kelce | Glamour

Travis Kelce

We can never forget about Taylor Swift and Travis Kelce, but his Coachella outfit was something else. Lots of people in the media said it looked “thrown together” as he wore all sorts of different patterned clothes together.

Now for some “Must See Looks” of Coachella:

Variety on X: "Sabrina Carpenter's #Coachella shirt: "Jesus was a Carpenter." https://t.co/wDIlu5Qh1h" / XSabrina Carpenter

She has been off the charts lately with her songs and iconic outros. During her performance at Coachella, she slipped on a t-shirt that said “Jesus was a carpenter.” It was loved throughout the Coachella community.

Doja CatBehind Doja Cat's Coachella 2024 Set with Dinosaurs, Mud and More | What's Trending

We have Doja Cat once again. She continued on with the hair outfits and had on a shaggy bikini set during her performance.

Hailey Bieber Wore the Brightest Fluorescent Nails to Coachella 2024 — See Photos | Teen VogueHailey Bieber

Lots of people seemed to be disappointed with how casual her outfit was this year. She wore a Yankees varsity jacket, baggy jeans and a leopard print bandanna on her first day of Coachella.

James CharlesStars At Coachella Day 2 -- Celebs Double Down In The Desert!

He always has crazy, fun and iconic Coachella outfits, but he put together a more “casual” look this year.

He was seen at Coachella Day 1 wearing all denim with pops of bright yellow on his undershorts and eye makeup, creating an almost hippy vibe. He also put on a mullet wig to tie in a more older look.