• The Drake Relays are offering free general admission for the track and field day on 4/26
  • No School this Friday. 4/26
  • We have two up and coming college visits, check out your email for more information.
  • Applications for the Summer Media Journalism Internship are due May, 3rd
  • Tickets for prom are on sale now. View your email for information about purchasing.
  • Check out FREE Yoga classes for highschool students on Friday's at Soulshine
  • Check in your email for Vounteer Club Opportunities
  • Don't forget to nominate students for character spots. Use the form in your email.
  • Submissions for ADM's Literary Magazine are due May 1st
  • Yearbook are on Sale NOW. Use code 3522 Online or Bring Cash to Room 402.

Anyone But You: Review

This February I took a trip to the theater to see what the rave was about a new rom-com that had recently come out. ‘Anyone but You’ is a story of two “friends” doing their best to avoid each other after making pretty bad first impressions. While they wish they could stay away from one another at all costs, their mutual friends pull them to a wedding in Sydney, Australia. Throughout the movie, we see a drastic roller coaster of emotions from multiple characters from events that challenge their thoughts and true feelings.

I typically don’t have an attraction to new releases of romantic comedies from my love and dedication to strictly watch the classics, but this film shocked me. From the amusing remarks of comedic relief to tear-jerking, heartfelt moments, this movie had so much to offer. Not to mention the notable soundtrack that fit the film perfectly.

Directed by Will Gluck, Sydney Sweeney and Glen Powell deliver a brilliant example of enemies to lovers within 1 hour and 43 minutes. Their acting could be cheesy at times, they had some awkward scenes that gave me second hand-embarrassment for their character. Other than that, they had incredible chemistry that follows into their interviews. I do advise there are a few shots of nudity and inappropriate content– this might not be number one on your list of movies to watch with your dad.

I give this movie a proud 9/10 for its captivating pace, priceless story, and satisfying ending.