• Seniors, your last day of school is May 17th.
  • We have two up and coming college visits, check out your email for more information.
  • Applications for the Summer Media Journalism Internship are due May, 3rd
  • Tickets for prom are on sale now. View your email for information about purchasing.
  • Check out FREE Yoga classes for highschool students on Friday's at Soulshine
  • Check in your email for Vounteer Club Opportunities
  • Don't forget to nominate students for character spots. Use the form in your email.
  • Yearbook are on Sale NOW. Use code 3522 Online or Bring Cash to Room 402.
  • Job Posting: Computer Support Specialist with ADM Schools
  • Registration for Fall 2024 Dmacc Classes is Open

Haunted House Review

Halloween is a very exciting and spooky time of the year filled with a handful of thrilling activities. Some of these may include carving pumpkins, going to an apple orchard, and of course going through haunted houses. Over the weekend, a group of friends and I went to the Slaughter House in downtown Des Moines. Here’s a little insight on this haunted house and why you should go try it out.

The Slaughter House is open on Thursdays and Sundays from 7-10 pm, and Fridays and Saturdays from 7-midnight. Tickets can be purchased online or at the gate, and are $25 per person. The entrance and wait area is set in an ally way, where a handful of scare actors are already giving you quite a fright while you wait to go inside. There wasn’t a very long wait considering how popular and packed this haunted house is. Definitely a top attraction in the city.

Once inside, you walk down a hallway towards a staircase. The haunted house is set underground in a very large basement. There are plenty of different rooms and settings they have you walk through. There is a wide variety of different costumes and props used in the making on this haunted house. You spend about 20-25 minutes walking all the way through the attraction. The scare actors are not allowed to touch you, if that is something you like when looking for a haunted house to go to; However they are not scared to get up close and personal. The staff is very polite and keep it fun for everyone who goes through. It’s very obvious that they scare the last people that go through, just as much as they did the first group of people, which is very important.

In my opinion, this is one of the best haunted houses in the area. The house includes lots of dark spaces, strobe lights, gore, and creepy music to keep visitors on their toes. Overall I would give it a 9/10 considering the respectful staff, little wait time, and the overall scare. I got lots of goosebumps going through this haunted house, and i definitely think it’s worth the money. If you’re looking for a chilling Halloween activity to wrap up the fall season, here is your sign. I would highly recommend trying the Slaughter House in downtown Des Moines.