• The Drake Relays are offering free general admission for the track and field day on 4/26
  • No School this Friday. 4/26
  • We have two up and coming college visits, check out your email for more information.
  • Applications for the Summer Media Journalism Internship are due May, 3rd
  • Tickets for prom are on sale now. View your email for information about purchasing.
  • Check out FREE Yoga classes for highschool students on Friday's at Soulshine
  • Check in your email for Vounteer Club Opportunities
  • Don't forget to nominate students for character spots. Use the form in your email.
  • Submissions for ADM's Literary Magazine are due May 1st
  • Yearbook are on Sale NOW. Use code 3522 Online or Bring Cash to Room 402.

Book Talk: It Ends With Us and It Starts With Us

The uprising author Colleen Hoover has many great books that are mainly based around romance and dramatic plot twists. Her books are intriguing and always keeping you on your toes waiting for what will happen next. If you need any book ideas, I would recommend reading one of her books It Starts With Us, and the sequel It Ends With Us. Both of these books keep you guessing without a predictable ending. 

The book It Ends With Us introduces the main character Lily and her future husband Ryle. Throughout the entierty of the book, you get an insight on their marriage. As you take a closer look, their marriage is not at all perfect. It turns out it may be far from it. Lily has to make very tough decisions that will impact others around her. When she realizes what’s best for her, she gains the courage to do what’s right with the support of her family. As you read, you will get all the drama and details that happen throughout Lily’s experiences. Not only do you get information of events happening in the present, you get to see details and points of views of Lily’s life through her old highschool journal. In this journal, she wrote many letters to Ellen DeGeneres. Ellen’s show takes a special meaning in her life. Through these letters, her past starts to unravel, and brings up trauma that she can now relate to in her present days. You will never get bored reading this book as it is fast paced, but doesn’t fail to leave out important details. 

After reading It Ends With Us, you will definitely want to read the sequel, It Starts With Us. Without spoiling and giving out details, you have to trust me when I say this book does not disappoint either. After It Ends With Us leaves off with a little bit of a cliff hanger, It Starts With Us picks right back up into Lily’s life. In this book, there are two main characters which switch point of views every chapter. If you are a person who likes to get an insight from both sides, you will enjoy this book since you get to see it from both people. This book is also faster pace, keeping you turning pages and wanting to read more. 

Overall, Colleen Hoover is a great author, and I would recommend both of these books to other students. Don’t hesitate to give these a try if you haven’t already.