• The Drake Relays are offering free general admission for the track and field day on 4/26
  • No School this Friday. 4/26
  • We have two up and coming college visits, check out your email for more information.
  • Applications for the Summer Media Journalism Internship are due May, 3rd
  • Tickets for prom are on sale now. View your email for information about purchasing.
  • Check out FREE Yoga classes for highschool students on Friday's at Soulshine
  • Check in your email for Vounteer Club Opportunities
  • Don't forget to nominate students for character spots. Use the form in your email.
  • Submissions for ADM's Literary Magazine are due May 1st
  • Yearbook are on Sale NOW. Use code 3522 Online or Bring Cash to Room 402.

Best Amazon Prime Day Deals for Students

Amazon Prime Day was originally created in July of 2015 to celebrate Amazon’s 20th anniversary and provide major money saving deals for Prime members. Although it started out as an annual event, it had grown into almost a bi-monthly occurrence.  The last prime day was held July 11th-13th 2023. More than 375 million items worldwide were purchased over those three days, and the calculated savings were $2.5 billion, making it the biggest Prime Day event ever. Whether you’re shopping for something specific, or just mindlessly scrolling the deals, here are my top Amazon deal suggestions.

Amika Bust Your Brass Shampoo and Conditioner

This one may be more for the girls than the guys, but this is a deal that you can not miss out on. Amika is a brand that often does not have sales of its own, meaning you need to take advantage of when events like Prime Day go on. Pink tax is a real thing, so stock up while you can still afford it.

Crest 3D Whitening strips

Whitening strips are one thing that I will never understand why they are so expensive. I just want pearly whites without having to spend my entire paycheck. These Crest 3D Whitening strips do wonders and are on sale for Prime Day and retail for $29, compared to $45 normally, through October 11th.

Proactive Skincare – 45% off

I personally have never struggled with acne, or used proactive, but I have friends who said that it cleared up their skin in a matter of weeks and swear by it. All Proactive skincare products are 45% off.

Beetles Gel Polish- 65% off 

I think we all have that moment of shock after getting our nails done and realizing we paid WAY too much for a manicure. Save yourself the money and do them yourself.  I personally have started doing this as a form of self care and relaxation. Beetles Gel manicure kits are 65% off right now.

Kindle Paperwhite Essentials Bundle

This package not only includes the Kindle itself, but also comes with a power adapter, and a fabric cover to protect your new favorite way to read. This bundle retails for $225 regularly, but is on sale for $150 during Prime Day.

Sunbeam Heated Blanket

This may seem like a stupid purchase, but I will be the first to say this is one of the best purchases I have ever made. I use mine nightly and can’t sleep without it. Many heated blankets are included in the sale, but this one is a great price for the size and is retailing for $30. I think this would make a great gift for anybody.

Beats Headphones and Wireless Earbuds

The entire Beats collections, both headphones and wireless earbuds, are on sale for 40%-50% off. I also think these would make a great gift if you are looking for a higher priced, but still useful item for your loved one.

Windows Computers

This may be the biggest deal of Prime Day. Windows 11 laptops are 73% off and retailing for $329 instead of the regular $1,199. If you are headed to college next year, or even in the next few years, and don’t have a computer of your own I would consider taking advantage of this deal.

Apple Airpods (2nd Generation)

The 2nd generation airpods are currently retailing for $189 instead of the normal $250.