• Seniors, your last day of school is May 17th.
  • We have two up and coming college visits, check out your email for more information.
  • Applications for the Summer Media Journalism Internship are due May, 3rd
  • Tickets for prom are on sale now. View your email for information about purchasing.
  • Check out FREE Yoga classes for highschool students on Friday's at Soulshine
  • Check in your email for Vounteer Club Opportunities
  • Don't forget to nominate students for character spots. Use the form in your email.
  • Yearbook are on Sale NOW. Use code 3522 Online or Bring Cash to Room 402.
  • Job Posting: Computer Support Specialist with ADM Schools
  • Registration for Fall 2024 Dmacc Classes is Open

Zach Bryan Album: A Review

“Zach Bryan” the album, was released on August 25th, 2023, and I personally have been listening to it nonstop for the last couple of months. This is Bryan’s fourth studio album and has gotten a lot of attention across various media outlets. His heartfelt songs are so real and true to him which led to the public attention. The 16-track album features many popular guests such as the War and Treaty, Sierra Ferrel, Kacey Musgraves, and the Lumineers. Each of these artists has something new and different to bring to Bryan’s music. Their abilities help enhance his songs in a unique way. Bryan’s three-year journey to make a name for himself has given him an exceptional understanding of detail. This is what makes his writing exceptional. For me, listening to a full album all the way through can be difficult. I either get tired of the same voice, or the music starts to sound the same. This was the complete opposite for me in this album. Very rarely do I listen to an album all the way through, but with this one, it was effortless.

While this was extremely difficult narrowing down these songs into my top five, I am going to go through my favorites, and also touch on some of Bryan’s rare music techniques along the way. Bryan has a different approach to bringing music to life, and that is what makes his music so enjoyable to listen to.

1. The number one spot goes to track number 11- “I Remember Everything (feat. Kacey Musgraves).” I love this song so much because Bryan’s unique vocals make it so pleasant to listen to. From start to end, this song evokes deep emotion in me and keeps me engaged the whole time. The Musgraves feature also makes this piece so special. Her voice is so beautiful and the touch she gives really ties the song together. I am confident to say this song would be a dream to hear in concert.
  2. “Spotless (feat. The Lumineers)” gets the number 2 spot. This song is so perfectly written lyrically. It feels like I am listening to an excellent poem. It uses metaphors and similes that make this song so easy to love the first time you hear it. Another thing I enjoy about this song is the fact The Lumineers are featured. I adore this group, and because they were in this song, it makes it a thousand times better.
  3. “Smaller Acts” is easily given the third spot. This song feels like a breath of fresh air. The build of this song is just phenomenal and gives me so much joy. It sounds like we are listening to the song being recorded straight from the studio. Another reason that makes this piece so outstanding is the message it gives the listener. It shows how there is beauty in the “Smaller Acts” or in simplicity.
  4. The fourth spot goes to “Tradesmans.”The message and meaning of this song is what really makes it powerful. The first time I listened to this song, I had to immediately pull up the lyrics. I wanted to visualize the deeper meaning this piece held. This song just gives me the chills and makes me feel something.
  5. The fifth spot goes to “Hey Driver.”Bryan’s imperfectly perfect vocals complete this song. The rawness of this song is what makes it out of the ordinary. I also love this song for the meaning it holds and the people it represents. From my interpretation, this song is about people who feel stuck in an aspect of their life and want to get out there, but also appreciate the good moments. Another reason this is a memorable song is because it sounds like Bryan structured it to sound like a conversation. It gives us the feeling that he is talking to someone which makes the piece so interesting to listen to.

And that’s a wrap on my review of “Zach Bryan” the album. I would definitely recommend this album and other music by Zach Bryan if you are looking to venture out into new music. Bryan is creating music no one else is making right now, so I would take a look into his things. This album in specific is just one of those albums where you can hit play and not skip a single song. This masterpiece brings me so much joy because all the songs are just too good. The order, the musicality, the lyrics. Literally, every aspect is just perfect. Check out this album, you won’t regret it one bit.

Share this…