Weieneth: Till next year

Junior year has been quit the interesting year. Every month something new occurred, but stepping into the news room always made the school work of your upcoming class and the outside world disappear. The ADM news room is always filled with so much laughter and enjoyment, with the dancing pig who twerks, to the quote poster filled with things about sweaty armpits and “I love hot cows”. My junior year was filled with never ending great times because of this news class, it has taught me so many things that I will be forever grateful for.

This year I reached over the line of comfortability and decided to make my own podcast with Alexa. Making your own podcast can be hard at first with getting in the groove of figure out how to edit them, what music to use and most importantly what we were going to talk about on this episode. We made the “Lets Talk with Kate and Alexa” podcast to inform people on new things, get the students of ADM high school involved and just pure entertainment. I never knew I wanted to make videos or edit them, I had to idea I would even take interest to it. When I first joined I thought I would want to do more written stories but I soon found out making videosĀ  was even more fun. I have seen many podcasts especially in our society now but we wanted to make a twist on it and do each topic, something to do with that month. Halloween we had haunted houses, February we had all things love and our most favorite, May, wrapping up the year with a bang. Each episode we wrote and filmed, got better and better each time with helpful feedback from our peers.

News didn’t just teach me how to edit things or film videos but it also taught me how to be more social and branch out. I tend to not be the most outgoing person with people I’m not super close to, which is a struggle if you wanna be in news. I was worried this would stop me from getting great interviews from fellow ADM students, but once your out there it is a piece of cake. Everyone you film always has a fun story that you get the honor of writing about. You learn how to go above and beyond with interviews and talk to people you usually wouldn’t reach out to.

As well as interviewing people around school you get an inside scoop on things and get to be the one who gets to tell all the information, whether its celebrating a Student Of The Month or informing of a new energy bar placed called Hyper, you always get the inside scoop first. This class teaches you so many interpersonal skills and really develops you as a person, a writer and as a journalists, even if you never knew you could be one.

I may not be going to college for journalism or video editing but that’s ok, all the tools and skills I have learned and received I will never take for granted and will use it in the future in every occasion, writing a very important essay in college or maybe starting up a YouTube channel, it all will be helpful to me in the end. I have learned so much more than I thought I would about news and all that comes with it as well as myself and what I can do. Sky’s the limit in this class on everything I can accomplish and set my mind to. Always strive for what you want, think outside of the box and have a great time in the room of ADM Black and Redgister. Last but not least jump for the things you have never done before, just like I did signing up for this news class, you might actually really end up loving it.

Here’s to my first year on staff, filled with amazing memories and learnings I will forever be grateful for the girls I have met in this class they truly are the best and I have made some bestfriends out of it. Till next year Black and Redgister.