April Kiwanis Student of the Month: Sydney Pottebaum

Sydney+Pottebaum%2C+April+Kiwanis+Student+of+the+Month%2C+says+that+through+her+partcipation+in+school+activities+I+have+learned+about+different+communities+and+cultures+which+I+think+has+made+me+a+better+person.+

Sydney Pottebaum, April Kiwanis Student of the Month, says that through her partcipation in school activities “I have learned about different communities and cultures which I think has made me a better person.”

Sydney Pottebaum, daughter of Amy and Scott Pottebaum, is one of the April Kiwanis Student of the Month. Sydney has a GPA of 4.092 and states that her favorite classes in high school are Biomedical Sciences, Art Fundamentals, and Child Development. She quoted that “I like BioMed because it was interesting and I liked the people in the class, and I like Art Fundamentals because I liked being able to create things and Mrs. Clowser was a great teacher.” Pottebaum is involved in AcDec, Student Council, Speech, Equality Club, and NHS, and has also volunteered for a variety of places like the Adel Food Pantry, Haunted Hallways, Big Sister, and Brenton Arboretum. “I have learned that it’s okay to fail sometimes, and the value of hard work,” said Pottebaum.

Sydney plans to attend Iowa State University post-high school with an undecided major, but “I might minor in sustainability.” She advises her fellow students to “always try your best but also take breaks to relax so you don’t exhaust yourself.”

Being the Kiwanis Student of the Month means a lot to Sydney because it means that “my hard work in school and activities has been noticed by other people.” She believes that she is honored because of her hard work and positive attitude towards others.

In recognition of Sydney Pottebaum’s achievements, the Kiwanis of Adel has donated $50 to the ADM Scholarship Foundation.