The Transition from the Tiger Times to the Black and (Red)gister

Photo by Thomas Snyder

The Black and (Red)gister is the new information and news center for the ADM student body and staff. Because we have transferred from print and paper, we have also taken the liberty of changing the name from The Tiger Times to The Black and (Red)gister.

The goals of this news site are different from the goals of past ADM newspapers, so in changing the name of the paper, it was our intention to identify a change in purpose and audience of this outlet.  Black and (Red)gister aims to provide an opportunity for student publications outlined in school board policy 504.3R1–a forum for student expression where students are responsible for writing and editing, while maintaining professional journalistic standards.

Stories will be uploaded to the new site at least once Monday-Friday and will also be updated in the event of breaking news. This is a change from the print news system, where readers had to wait for a print edition to come out once a month, with much news being old news by the time the paper had gone to print.

This change will bring more readers and followers to the ADM newspaper, and with our changes and updates, we are also connecting with readers through social media. These include:

• Pinterest (BlackAndRedgister)
  • Twitter (@admjstaff and @PeopleOfADM)
  • Instagram (BlackAndRedgister)
  • Facebook (Black And Redgister)